Rigmor Andersen & Annelise Bjorner
Rigmor Andersen (1903-1995) studied in the mid-1920s under Kaare Klint at his newly founded Furniture School at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. Towards the end of her studies she also worked for Poul Henningsen, contributing to the design of his PH lamps. From 1929-1939 she worked at Kaare Klint's design studio, becoming a very trusted and valued colleague. After that she collaborated with several other furniture makers. Andersen has collaborated with sculptor Inge Finson and from 1962 with designer Annelise Bjorner. She has exhibited in Europe and abroad, her work is included in the permanent collections of the Swedish National Museum and the Danish Design Museum.
Annelise Bjorner (1932- ) studied architecture and industrial design at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, graduating in 1957. She worked with several architects and also furniture designers. From 1962 she began a collaboration with Rigmor Andersen. Bjorner was a resident designer for Georg Jensen from 1971-2003.
Together in 1966 they designed a sterling silver cutlery, including an elegant storage cabinet, as the Danish National Bank's wedding gift for Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik. This pattern was later produced by Georg Jensen under the name Margrethe.