1879 - 1958
Educated as a silversmith at August Fleron in Copenhagen in 1898. Evald Nielsen travelled to Berlin and studied at the Applied Arts Academy for further education. In 1905 he returned to Denmark and set up his own workshop and started designing and making jewellery. He soon expanded his production to include hollowware. He manufactured his own designs as well as architect Kai Gotlobs designs. His silverware were very sought after both in Germany and in Denmark. Nielsen's early works are in the Art Nouveau style, but he was one of the few silversmiths who kept up with development. His later works are in the functionalist style.
The wholesale company, S. L. Jacobsen had exclusive rights to sell Nielsen's jewellery in Scandinavia from 1910-1917.
From 1918-1948 Nielsen was the Alderman of the Copenhagen Goldsmith Guilds. He was the chairman of the Danish Goldsmith Association from 1920-1946.
Nielsens two sons Bjarne Weimar (1906-1988) and Aage Weimar (1902-1983) both worked in his workshop. Today the company exists under the name Evald Nielsen Efterfoelger, in Stenloese.