About Greg Pepin
With his astonishing expertise, you will not meet a more knowledgeable and passionate heritage Danish Silver expert than founder Greg Pepin.
Gregory “Greg” Pepin is a Danish-American silver expert and founder of Denmark-based Greg Pepin Silver. His 30 years of experience working with Georg Jensen silver has offered him many roles in the silver industry and made him a leading expert.
In 1999 Greg Pepin founded Danish Silver, an authorized silver dealer that he expanded over fourteen years to house the largest collection of antique Georg Jensen silver available for purchase. In 2013 Greg sold Danish Silver to the world-renowned design house of Georg Jensen and he was appointed Managing Director of Silver at Georg Jensen. In this job, Greg oversaw hollowware, silverware, and the Heritage Collection for the company and represented Georg Jensen silver at events around the world. In 2016, Greg once again founded his own company, this time under the name of Greg Pepin Silver. Being the owner and operator of a small company gives Greg the opportunity to gain personal interaction with his customers, which he values highest in his work.
“As a small business we rely on the synergy between us and our customers. Our appreciation of our customers is reflected in our passionate engagement with them, which I highly enjoy.”
The defining moment of Greg’s career
Greg met his danish wife in his home state of Vermont, while he was pursuing a culinary career. His newfound relationship brought him to Denmark as a young man in 1992. Oddly, it was his culinary skills that got him work in an exclusive antiques store in Copenhagen. Being of a curious nature and with a formidable memory, Greg spent his free time educating himself about the antiques in the store and learning to master the Danish language. When one busy summer Greg started helping with some visiting American customers, he showed an obvious gift for connecting with people and a blossoming knowledge of and passion for the antiques. Greg was promoted to be a sales person, which was the starting point of his long career in buying and selling vintage Georg Jensen silver.
Greg’s passion for silver
In the beginning of his career, Greg built a broad knowledge of Danish antiques, but quickly became specialized in vintage Danish silver. Although there is an abundance of quality Danish silver brands from the 1900’s, it was Georg Jensen silver from the 20th century that truly captured Greg’s heart and became his main focus. Greg was captivated by the craftsmanship of the silversmiths representing the silver house of Georg Jensen and was especially fascinated by how the evolution of the different design periods are evident in their work. It is not hard to understand the attraction.
In his daily work, Greg passionately communicates his knowledge to his broad range of clients, to ensure that the history of the pieces are passed on for generations to come. “When a client makes their needs and wants known, they are planting seeds for future generations. At Greg Pepin Silver, our mission is to help them flourish.”, he says. Greg prides himself in his personalized client service, using his extensive experience and taking great care in listening to each and every of his customers to ensure their satisfaction. “We are the opposite of corporate, our focus is on the client”, Greg says.
For his accomplishments, Greg has been recognized in The New York Times, Fodor’s, Conde Naste, and more. His work has taken him across the globe, including The United States, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan and Australia.
Timeline of Greg Pepin’s career
- Salesperson at Danborg Guld og Sølv
- Started Danish Silver in 1999
- Sold Danish Silver to Georg Jensen in 2013
- Was Managing Director for Silver at Georg Jensen
- Established Georg Jensen Heritage
- Was shareholder at Georg Jensen
- Started Greg Pepin Silver in 2016
Interviews and articles
Exhibitions & Events
- Georg Jensen 100 years exhibition at SMK – National Gallery of Denmark staged by Bille August in 2004
- Represented Georg Jensen at the Danish Business Delegation to Canada and the Danish Business Delegation to Germany with The Confederation of Danish Industry (DI) in 2014, accompanying HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
- Represented Georg Jensen at the 90th Birthday of Princess Marianne Bernadotte, Countess of Wisborg at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm in 2016
- Represented Georg Jensen at events and store openings in Europe, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, China, Singapore, the United States and Canada from 2013-2016
- Greg Pepin Silver (and formerly Danish Silver) exhibitions at fine art and antique shows around the world, including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Europe and the United States